I get these about every three months and,because they usually show up at a time when I don't want to work, I answer them.
1. What is your Full Name? Christopher Michael Skrocke, Lord of the Dance.
2. What color trousers are you wearing right now? Hound’s-tooth. Even though I'm supposed to wear black, I'm feeling very proletariat today and wanted to show solidarity with my working brothers. If you don't know that I'm a chef, this doesn't make sense.
3. What are you listening to right now? "Sailing" by Christopher Cross. I bought a radio for the kitchen and never in my sleep deprived fantasies did I think that the majority would choose KOIT The Quiet Storm.
4. What are the last two digits of your phone number: Those would be the ones furthest to the right.
5. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Either Indian Red or Flesh- both of which are discontinued and only inadvertently racist.
6. How is the weather right now? Huge, it takes up all of outsides.
7. Last person you talked to on the phone? Dawnami, goddess.
8. First thing you notice about the opposite sex? That opposite isn't the same a different.
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, we've been close since she reconstructed my lung with only a penknife and a bottle of quick dry white-out.
10. How are you today? Exhausted. It's Wednesday and I've already put in 42 hours this week.
11. Favorite Drink? Vernors- America's oldest soft drink.
12. Favorite Alcoholic Drink? My Grandfather's Martini- 3 to 1 Seagrams Gin to Noilly Pratt vermouth, two olives, twist. Stirred.
13. Hair Color? Those that are left do indeed have color.
14. Last time you kissed somebody and who? Gonna take a pass on this one, have to maintain executive privilege.
15. Do you prefer rainy mornings or rainy nights? Afternoons, dammit! A book, a couch, rain, sleep- pure bliss.
16. Siblings? One. A great gal whom I have grown very fond of- last birthday card I sent her read "Happy Birthday, from Mom's favorite." Last card she sent me, "You're one year older, and one year closer to dressing like Dad." Can't you feel the love?
17. Favorite Month? Doesn't really matter in SF, mostly they seem like May.
18. Favorite Food? Right now, I'd love an almost overly ripe peach.
19. Last Movie you watched? Touching the Void. It’s about mountain climbing, one guy cuts the rope, and the other guy climbs down the mountain on a broken leg. Yeah, it’s a musical.
20. Favorite Day of the Year? The first night of the year when you can go out at night in a t-shirt.
21. Are you too shy to ask someone out? No, but I do tend to stumble when we start talking money.
22. Summer or Winter? Fall
23. Hugs or Kisses? Holding hands.
24. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate- Cocoa Berry Cafe Noir, 72%, coveture. mmmmmmmm
25. Do you want your friends to write back? Of course. But what I really want are post cards.
San Francisco, CA 94164
26. Who is most likely to respond? Since I'm posting this, don't expect a response- so it’s just like a date.
27. Who is least likely to respond? See above.
28. Living Arrangements? I've convinced my red blood cells to carry oxygen for the time being, but there is always a chance of renegotiation.
29. What books are you reading? No Books at the moment, so very sad.
30. What's on your mouse pad? The mouse. Don't they know how these things work?
31. Favorite Board Game? Scrabble, but only by the rules Holly and I came up with. If you come across the word beer, it's okay to change it to beerest- my favorite beer. Spelling and vocabulary are easy, wit is a challenge.
32. What did you do last night? Fed a six course meal to a French wine society. They sang a thank you song to me at the end of the night, honest injun!
33. What is your favorite smell? I love scratching the skin of tangerines, such a great smell.
34. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Never tried. If you have sinus problems it's not very tempting.
35. Favorite Flower? Lilacs. A true sign of spring (also lets you know the perch are running).
36. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning? Okay, funny story. Tonight a 46 year old co-worker and I were talking about the joy of sleeping in and he said, "ah, its not the same at my age, now if I wake up I can't go back to sleep 'cause I have to piss." Tomorrow, I'll be thinking about that.
Go in Peace